Marc is Manager in Procurement Excellence. Join Marc for Theme Discussions focusing on:
Benchmark: The impact of Big data on process excellency and improved productivity
Having a clear strategy how to work with both Opex and Capex category data to feed business intelligence and optimizing process efficiency is key. Understanding the importance and the needs of those creating the data, analyzing the data and making decisions on the data. The complexity when adding external data to the mix. Making sure you have the knowledge strategy in place to ensure value creation. Easy? No. Discuss:
- How can you set up data driven systems and processes that add value to the business?
- How can data be used to stimulate process efficiency?
- How to implement a strategy around big data?
- How do you make sure data quality is good enough?
“My team is responsible for the provision and continuous development of the various processes and IT-systems in DONG Energy procurement. We want to be qualified as trusted advisors, a title we deserve when we succeed in our goal to deliver processes and systems that provide the business with requested transparency, knowledge and predictability” says Marc.
Objectives in his role are to:
– Minimize business risk, by developing standardized frameworks considering all relevant options for decision making
– Maximize cost performance, by conducting commercially sound and fact based analysis, complemented with interpretations and recommendations
– Create predictability of performance, by following market trends and cost drivers closely
– Leverage supplier capabilities and innovation, by feeding sourcing trajectories with tools, processes and advisory on supplier interaction tactics
DONG Energy is one of the leading energy groups in Northern Europe. Their business is based on procuring, producing, distributing and trading in energy and related products in Northern Europe. DONG Energy want to create value by optimising and developing their total energy portfolio with assets and market positions throughout the value chain: upstream with oil and natural gas exploration and production and electricity generation; midstream with all types of trading, wholesale sales and energy distribution; and downstream with direct energy sales to end customers.
Read more about DONG Energy here