Ilamaran Gunaratnam is an internationally experienced professional with >15 years of broad experiences and successful track record of delivering global and regional initiatives that include Business, Engineering and IT-based transformation changes, prioritization-based budget planning, departmental management and externally benchmarked delivery organizations and Centre of Excellence functions.
Equinix currently commands between 10% – 15% footprint globally, an industry that consumes about 3% of global electrical energy usage. You come to us and we connect you to the world through > 20 countries, in 3 regions, and through > 200 facilities.
Achievements across all roles held:
1. Co-Designed/Designed and Delivered several process improvements:
– Co-Designed and Implemented Source to Pay global blueprint (including Coupa tool) that
manages several billions in spend
– Designed and implemented Portfolio, Programme and Project management standards for
Construction, Procurement, Operations, M&E Engineering, Customer Service Organisations, Sales
Ops, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivable, IT, Networks
2. Mitigated against reputation damage and engineering infrastructure risks
3. Enabled savings through delivery of solutions regionally and globally, i.e.
– $5 million annually in energy savings
– 4% of global annual revenue (preventing GDPR regulatory fines)
4. Saved training and consultancy costs in excess of $1.3M
5. Enabled prioritisation and tracking of ca. $1.5 billion operational budget spend
6. Design and Implementation of Equinix Procurement external website
7. Designed, Implemented and Administered Source 2 Pay Change Control process for programme, project and operational management
Responsible for Portfolio, Programmes, Projects, Business Analysis/Strategic KPI, and Business Case Development and management function globally for the Global Procurement Group.
Focus includes, globalising project management standards for various category management functions (including global IBX operations) within Procurement, Know Your Supplier (KYS) Management, Risk Management and S2P improvements, including PO Management, RPA, contract compliance, supplier records management and catalogue management.